Proposal submissions will be accepted between the dates of January 14th to February 14th, 2015.
The Prince Rupert Port Authority���s (PRPA) Community Investment Fund (Fund) provides financial support for projects or initiatives in the Prince Rupert area that enhances quality of life or contributes to a lasting legacy to the community.
Only Projects or Initiatives that are broad community-based and have a meaningful and wide reaching impact in the Prince Rupert and regional communities will be considered.
All Projects must:
- Provide tangible longterm benefits to the community
- Have broad, demonstrated community support;
- Leverage other private and/or public funding; and
- Be environmentally sound
Contributions will not be made:
- to the operating costs of a Project or Initiative;
- to individuals;
- to partisan political projecs/ initiatives;
- to projects or initiatives that are restricted to the use or benefit of specific individuals or organizations within the community;
- where activities related to or resulting from are in violation of any federal or provincial law, regulation or policy;
- to refinancing of all or any part of any term debt obligations of the funding recipient.
Applicants submitting a request for financial support can be non-profit entities, locally-based forms of government such as municipalities; Districts and First Nation Band Councils and non-profit coorperatives.
Priority will be given to projects, initiatives or events which provide the greatest funding leverage from other sources. Community support could include written support by local community groups;
Normally the Fund will not contribute more than 90% toward project costs. However, priority will be given to those seeking 50% or less for a project, initiative or event.
Download the application form here: 2015 Community Investment Fund Application Form.
Applications may be submitted to the Prince Rupert Port Authority either by regular mail or electronically between the dates of January 14th to February 14th, 2015.
Mailed applications shall be sent to:
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 ��� 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, BC
Attention: Mr. Maynard Angus - Manager, Community Relations
Proposals sent by electronic mail shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org